Monday, November 5, 2012

Smell My Feet! 10 Seriously Silly and Sweet Short Stories for Squirts by Martha Rodriguez



Short stories for children . . . “short or tall, big or small, young or old” are what Martha Rodriguez entertains her readers with in Smell My Feet.

Sprinkled throughout the ten stories is a love for children, family, and friends. The stories are real, everyday occurrences, which children relate to. Each story is unique and fun, what better way for children to learn valuable life lessons.

I can picture a child finishing a story and applying a lesson hidden in the mastery of chosen words by the author. It’s an easy feat to accomplish with the clever characters that match the literary genius behind them.

Smell My Feet! displays a respect for children while raising the bar of expectations, without being condescending. I applaud Martha Rodriguez for this extraordinary skill.

2 comments:

  1. Mary, thank you so much for your beautiful words about Smell My Feet! I see you survived the smelly adventures... and the sweet ones, too. You made my day!! :)
    Martha

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're very welcome, Martha. I received ' Reel Cool Summer' in the mail today. I'm looking forward to reading it tomorrow!
    Thank you for leaving a comment.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete