Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Navigating Life’s Roadways: Stories of Insight from My Odyssey and Inspiration for Your Journey by Deborah L. Parker


Predictable

Navigating Life’s Roadways is an account of Deborah L. Parker’s life. She begins her story after her mother’s death as this was an extremely emotional time for her.

I could never take away someone else’s memories or life’s lessons learned, however, to me this was just another book of relatively similar memories and life lessons communicated.

While acknowledging Deborah’s beautiful style of writing, using quotes, proverbs, and metaphors, it has been done many times over. I was hoping to read some original enlightening words and/or phrases. Sadly, this wasn’t the case.

Each time I choose a book to read I expect to learn something new. I am also a cancer survivor and I struggled to find new inspirations to augment my knowledge. I’m not saying I knew every quote, proverb, or metaphor in the book, just that the messages were stale.

For readers who may not have previously read an inspirational memoir, Navigating Life’s Roadways: Stories of Insight from My Odyssey and Inspiration for Your Journey would be an insightful revelation.

No comments:

Post a Comment